Yes! A ‘non-owner’ auto policy!
What the heck is a non-owner auto policy? How can I get auto insurance if I don’t own a car?
This is a policy that provides you with liability and property damage coverage. It covers damage that you may cause while driving a car that you rent or borrow.
It also gives you personal injury protection (medical coverage) in case you are injured in an accident. I also protects you if you’re in an accident with a person who has no insurance or very little insurance (this includes coverage for you as a pedestrian if your hit by a car).
Who needs a non-owner auto policy?
Anyone who drives vehicles, but does not own one personally!
Do you use Zipcar or another ride sharing company? Do you travel and get rental cars or uses a friends car often?
What are the benefits of having this policy?
- Maintaining continuous coverage will often afford you discounts on a regular auto policy once you own a car again.
- If you rent a car in the US, you don’t need to take the additional insurance which can be costly at $10-15 per day depending on how often you rent a car and travel!
- You will have coverage as a driver and as a pedestrian in the event you are in an auto accident.
- Security, peace of mind as well as protecting yourself and your assets.
- Multipolicy discounts on your home, renters or condo insurance!
Sounds great, but what’s it going to cost me?
Coverage is very affordable. Generally, anyone who uses a vehicle frequently; should get this important coverage in place in the event that they have an accident or lawsuit.
Who Shouldn’t Get a Non-Owner Policy?
You should not get a non-owner auto insurance policy if:
- You own your own car- the you should get a regular auto policy 🙂
- You borrow the car of someone you live with
- You rarely borrow someone’s car
- You drive outside of the US frequently
If you are in the state of New York contact us at 914-269-2334 today to discuss this important coverage!